Can you support my game ?

Home Forums Ideas & Suggestions Can you support my game ?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kalith 1 day, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Kalith
    Keymaster

I’ve added support for quite a bit of games and I’d like to add many more.

I’m however not much of an artist, I (re)created the occasional icon, but the maps are mostly from the games themselves or the community.

So if we want a new game supported, we need 2 things most of all:

1. Map images, can be any image format or size. Send/link them to me in the best quality you can find, do not try to convert/resize them. Also give me a list of map names if it’s not the same as the file names. And if it’s available the map dimensions, the size the map represents in game for example 800m x 1200m.
    2. A set of icons applicable to the game, any format or size will do. If you icons to change color, their primary color should be white. If required I can (re)create some of them from a screenshot. You can also look through the other games, maybe what we need already exists.

If we have those 2, I can add it rather quickly.

Anyway I’d love to hear your suggestions.

DaveyBoy
    Participant

Hi Kalith,

can you support a game called Eternal Crusade? https://www.eternalcrusade.com/

I have most maps available and could make some icons i guess if needed.

Kalith
    Participant

Definately, that looks like a good fit.

If you can help me out with maps and icons, then that would be great.

To create the maps, just search for maps in the highest quality you can find. Usually it’s a good idea to annotate them with spawn points/cap points/objectives, but I’ll leave it up to you. Convert/keep them in png format preferably as it’s lossless. Don’t worry about file size, I’ll end up scaling/converting them to something that makes sense.

For icons, same story really just find/create a set in whatever format you want, in the highest quality you can find, i usually create them in 500x500px, but it can can be any format. I’ll take care of scaling them down a bit to create the map icons/ui thumbnails, that part is pretty much automated. If you want the icons to change color like you see in most of the other games, then they should contain primary white with a black outline. You can also draw from the icons from other games that are already in (https://github.com/karellodewijk/wottactics/tree/master/public/icons) or use them as an example.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

DaveyBoy
    Participant

Kalith,

you are a Champion man! Thats really cool.

I have most of the map screen shots in 1920 x 1200 res and some in 4K res. I guess 4k res is best or does it matter?

As for the icons I will have to work on those eternal crusade specific icons.

DaveyBoy
    Participant

Hi Kalith,

I have prepared the files required. Please check your gmail account as I have emailed you the link to locate the files.

Many thanks

David

AlexSwePR
    Participant

Hello

can you add support for Project Reality?

I have icons, 4k maps and minimaps ready for you but have some questions:

• How would you like the files? Uploaded or sent to you? If uploaded, do you know a good site for that?
    • This game gets updated every now and then? I guess I can just send you new files if I want the maps and icons updated?

Thanks in advance

Alex

Kalith
    Participant

Hi Alex

How would you like the files? Uploaded or sent to you? If uploaded, do you know a good site for that?

Either works, you can mail them to pkalith@gmail.com as an attachment if they’re not too large. Otherwise you can upload them with dropbox, onedrive, google drive or imgur and send me the link.

This game gets updated every now and then? I guess I can just send you new files if I want the maps and icons updated?

I think that’s the easiest.

Alexander Cipresso
    Participant

Can you support Clash Of Clans? I have all the icons ready.

I went ahead and sent you an email, but one thing I forgot to mention is I’d like to be able to edit the size of the icons on the tactic page in case any of the uploaded maps (bases) are a different size. Any way to do this?

Kalith
    Participant

Why not, looks like fun.

You can select the size of the icons by either specifying the size. Or after you’ve placed them by selecting them with the select tool and dragging one of the corners.

Alexander Cipresso
    Participant

Thank you, much appreciated. Have already begun showing clan mates the site. With the icons added, will definitely help a lot! Excited to use it!

Schrotti Ger
    Participant

Hey Kalith,

I have send you an e-mail to add Steel Ocean. I have all Maps (nameofmap.jpg/png) but no icons.
    Can you do that too ?

cheers

Kalith
    Participant

Hi schrottiger,

I can add steel oceans. Do you have a link to the maps or can you upload them somewhere ? As for the icons, I can make them, but can you provide me with a list of which icons are required. Maybe a screenshot from the minimap.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.